Our nation's debt is literally indenturing our children to our international debt holders, but most Americans don't care because they are more concerned about the latest saga involving Snooki on Jersey Shore rather than what really matters, our country’s future.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

NY Post - Elderly New York Woman Gets $100 Ticket for Throwing Newspaper Away

If you are still of the belief that the government is not out of control you need to read this:

Elderly New York Woman Gets $100 Ticket for Throwing Newspaper Away
What a bunch of garbage!

An elderly Manhattan woman living on Social Security was slapped with a $100 ticket -- just for throwing away a newspaper in a city trash can.

Delia Gluckin, 80, tossed the paper in a bin right outside her Inwood apartment building Sunday morning, only to be ambushed by an overzealous Department of Sanitation agent wielding a citation book.

"I was walking to take the subway downtown and dropped it in a trash can, and this lady in a blue uniform ran up to me," Gluckin told The Post.

"I thought she was going to ask for directions. She said, 'You just dropped garbage in there,' " according to Gluckin.

"I said, 'I didn't, it was just a newspaper,' and I offered to take it out," said Gluckin, who had tossed her Sunday Post out.

Sanition cop Kathy Castro wrote Gluckin the summons for putting "improper refuse" in a city litter basket.

"She acted as if I had a committed a crime," said the outraged octogenarian.

"I said, 'Look, lady, I'm a senior citizen . . . I'll just take it back.' I even said to her, 'Am I your first customer of the day? I really felt intimidated . . . I have a feeling she just wanted to make her quota."

No comments:

Post a Comment